Saturday, February 2, 2008

"why I oughta..."

Lisa called me a whiner yesterday.
Sheesh.
See if I let her have any fun at my party.

Okay, maybe she's got a point. She was referring to my last couple of posts which were, I admit, a tad morose. But you get the good, bad and ugly here my friends and I am a tad morose.

I actually posted a non-whiny message on Thursday, but somehow it showed up a couple of days behind - so if you read regularly and had no reason to scroll down, you would miss it. So take a look at that post Harass - and try calling me whiny!

So, it's early Saturday morning - I'm getting ready to go to ESSR. I'm hooking up with Joan, Sam and Vic today - we're supposed to go skiing - but are trying to work our way around the weather. It's raining right now - probably snowing on the mountain - we'll see. There have been avalanche warnings - Joan announced she didn't want to spend the weekend with us in a snow cave (party pooper) and so if the weather is too freaky we may just walk around in a park down here.

I have three nights left here in PDX. I just want to go at this point, I'm kinda just twiddling my thumbs. I'm doing a lot of packing and repacking of the two bags I'm taking (backpack and a duffle). That's about all I have left. I have a kitchen closet to clean out and one more load for the storage unit and that's that.

As far as the Walk goes, I'm starting to meet some folks online. I'm on the communications committee - there are about 10 of us and it looks like we'll be getting together before the dinner on Friday. There are some serious activists going on this journey and I found that comforting. You know, despite my moments of trepidation, I am thrilled to be a part of this; and even more so after "meeting" some of my fellow travellers. Makes me want to just jump on in and get going.

Okey doke, just wanted to say hi. Oh, by the way - I have had a couple of friends ask me if I'm being "sponsored." I want to put out there, that if you have interest in supporting the Walk, or sponsoring me; please go to www.longestwalk.org; it's a great website for one thing and there will be info there about donating and sponsoring Walkers.

Okey doke. Just wanted to say howdy.

No comments: