Sunday, February 17, 2008

hello everyone!!


We have a rest day today and are in Merced, CA -- while the BBQ is being prepared a few of us skedaddled to find some Internet access - I won't be here too long, but I wanted to post some pictures for you and give you a little heads up about a couple of things.

The first is: I wanted to let you guys know that even though I have my phone with me, it isn't always easy to find a charger. Sometimes we camp where there is electricity and sometimes not. And even if their is power, we have to give firsts to the cooks, the organizers and support vehicles and if the walkers (about 100 of us) can fit an hour in to suck some juice, then that's how it goes. So...needless to say I don't do a lot of chatting on the phone and pretty much keep it off during the day. Also...I'm usually in bed by 8:00-9:00 -- our days just got pushed up a little, we eat at 6:00am and need to be packed up and ready to go by 7:00 at the latest..so I'm generally up around 4:30. So my window for actually talking on the phone is a little small! So, if I'm not calling you back right away..please know I love you! Leaving a message is ALWAYS appreciated as I like to listen to them before I go to bed!!!

Two: It looks like general delivery is the way to go to get stuff to me. The best way to do that is to go to the website www.longestwalk.org and look at our route itinerary to see where we have rest days (make sure they happen during the week, and not on a Sunday if you are going to do General Delivery!) - also, look to see if we are in certain towns for a couple of days. Sometimes, this isn't always posted - but I know we will be in Bakersfield for four nights at the same place and getting shuttled each day to walk sites - when I hear about stuff like this, I'll let you all know.

Okay -- I'm gonna send you some pictures now!

No comments: