Thursday, February 21, 2008

a few pics



these pictures are pretty random - but I'm trying to get done quickly at this point, 'cause we are getting ready to leave this site. I might be able to get on later today -- we'll see.

Anyway - this top picture is a typical "circle" - before every meal, during every rest stop, we 'circle' up and offer prayers and thanks. This is always done by one of our elders. This tall man in the middle is Emmett - I love listening to him pray to the four directions. I find him very beautiful. He is a Sacred runner and has found it has been much more difficult to walk instead of run! I hear that a lot - that it is physically harder to walk long distance than run it. He's amazing though.

This is the Sikh High Holy Man who we got blessed by at the Temple in Stockton.


Here is one of our other elders, Wounded Knee, he is always reminding us that we are on a spiritual journey and to remember to ask our ancestors for strength and guidance. I love to hear him speak.

No comments: