Sunday, February 3, 2008

thank you all soooo much...

What a very sweet party. Thank you everyone for showing up and offering such kind well wishes. I especially appreciated all the help from Joan, Sam and Vic for getting the food together in the beginning - and for Chris, Christie, Paul, Joan and Lisa rocking out the clean-up at the end.

It was wonderful to see everyone - I love getting all my friends together in one place and just seeing how everyone interacts with each other. I love how gracious and warm you all are. My house felt like one big hug after everyone left.
It's a funny time - that moment after the last person leaves. I walked back inside and the music was playing, but everything was suddenly so still after the blur of activity that took place just moments before. It was a lovely feeling really - to have that much love encompass the room - for me, for each other - it held there, very palpable. I am blessed to have you all in my life. I'm overwhelmed, really.

Tomorrow is my last day in Portland. I have some last minute stuff and then will spend the evening at gwen's - probably packing and repacking - taking in a couple of favorite Xena episodes and downloading songs onto the iPOD.
Funny - we're here. How did that happen?
I feel good though - I'm ready.

1 comment:

Christi H said...

Well that is a lovely pic of us keepin' it real and giving respect to those who have come before us. Preach.
I wish you a wonderful trip, we will miss you and I will live vicariously through your writings over the next few months.
I hope you find a Oklahoma Farm Girl on your journey.
Vaya Con Dios my friend,
Christi