Monday, February 4, 2008

finito.....for now



Well -- I'm about as close to going as I can be. It seems like each hour that passed today completed one more step. Got my taxes mailed off. Saw Joanne and Israel down at Street Roots to say goodbye and check in about the column (1st issue out on Friday the 8th! Check it out at www.streetroot.org). Let's see, what else..mmmm...bought leggings, went to a meeting, had a lovely brunch with Lauren (thanks Lauren!) -- oh...and I got an incredibly wonderful massage from Jenna (thanks Jenna!).
Then I went home and cleaned out the last of my stuff - loaded it into the truck and shoved it into my storage unit. Dropped some notebooks off at Sisters. Went home again and cleaned out the fridge, my bathroom stuff and then Kit and I (the absolutely charming new housemate that I'm sad I won't get to spend more time with!) took all my altar offerings and sundry dried flowers and threw them in the fireplace and lit them on fire! Man -- the flames were righteous! It was very cleansing to watch it burn, all that sage and cedar smoked beautifully - all that intention shot up into the flue and out into the Universe. It was a great way to leave 4123 SE 33rd Place. Thank you Kit for encouraging that!

Now I am here with these charming critters. This is Yoda, gwen's adorable mongrel.


This is Mr. Skid - gwen's adorable feline. They are keeping me company while I take my backpack apart and try to shove the last of my stuff into it. gwen, my super sweet friend, left a plate of dinner for me in the fridge - it's 6:00pm and I have a couple of hours here before she comes home from work to kind of sit and veg and move ever-smaller piles around.

We're close my friends. I am excited, exhausted and ready to go.

No comments: