Friday, February 29, 2008

Moving out


Well -- we leave La Paz tomorrow morning and go straight to Tehachapi - and then we hit the Mojave.
Apparently we are a little behind schedule so we are going to pick up about 10 days worth of time by using our runners to help us get across the desert -- probably doing 50-100 mile days in a stretch.
It works like this - one guy takes on maybe 10 miles, another woman will do 15 -- they leap frog each other to cover the distance.
I'm not sure how much we'll be walking ourselves to help out - but we're going to be covering some land.
Anyway - it' been lovely being able to catch up a little bit -- I'm sorry the blogs aren't my literary best - but if I fussed too much with that you wouldn't get anything out of me. So, enjoy the pretty pictures.
Supposedly our media truck arrives tomorrow and with it, better constant internet access. We shall see.
Know that I love you guys - I think of you ALL the time, and carry you with me in my heart every day.
Much love;

Nik

2 comments:

someone said...

Thanks for the narrative. Thinking of you as you do this walk. Hope you are well.

Vondie said...

Thank you for this letter! I'm not to computer literate and this blog thing is wonderful. Have you run into a pair of young Quechan men? Harlen,and Theron Pretty Bird? They would have started with you in Parker. Im so excited to keep track of you, and to know what is happening to you. Thank you Nik.
Vondie