Monday, January 28, 2008

How 'bout I cut the crusts off for you?

Those of you who used to work with me at Sisters know how much I rely on lists. And preparing for this trip is certainly no exception. This is my "countdown" list - and actually, since I took this picture yesterday afternoon, I've scratched a few more things off of it.

But, I am whooped boys and girls. I'm sitting here kind of dazed. I just finished my last session with Regina - we'll still see each other over the week, 'cause I'm not done at the gym; and I'm taking her out for lunch on Thursday, so I didn't have to say goodbye just yet.
I did have a little meltdown this morning though and found myself getting all weepy as I was walking home from Sisters. It kind of came up out of nowhere, but it's not surprising. I called Joan, who was wonderful as always, and helped talk me down off that ledge. It's just leaving stuff - grieving I suppose.

I wanted to acknowledge the little one who was acting up; so I marched on home (literally) and made myself a PB and J. Delish (I haven't had one of those in who knows how long); I even cut it into quarters.
Then I went to Goodwill and found the perfect Merino Wool dark blue sweater to finish my hiking ensemble.
All better now.
Except I probably need a nap.

No comments: