Thursday, January 17, 2008

the jardins



After San Francisco I got on BART and headed over to San Leandro to visit my grandparents, Bill and Elenor Jardin. They've been in the same house for over 60 years and it's always kinda nice to see it hasn't changed that much. They also have a cabin up in Sonora, in Twain Harte, where we spent many a summer, swimming in the little lake, taking small hikes and playing miniature golf.

Bill's people come from Portugal, from the Madiera region I believe. I think he was born there (Matt - you can probably clear that up if I'm wrong). Both he and my Uncle Lindy (who lived next door) worked for Pac Bell - Lindy as a lineman, Bill in supplies.
Elenor's family came from Northern Italy, but I believe she was born in Colorado. She worked as a secretary and raised three sons (my father is the oldest).

They are still in very good health as they reach their mid-eighties and get to travel and all-around enjoy their retirement together. I always enjoy seeing them!

No comments: