Sunday, January 13, 2008

HEY! It's a Contest!

So, it is an amazingly beautiful day here in Portland. Warm, sunny...a total blessing after weeks of gray and rain. I took advantage of this by cleaning out my truck. I know, I know..I can hear the gasps, the horrified shrieks..but even I have my limits and it was definitely time. Plus, I'll be in the Bay Area all week and Henry's going to borrow the truck while I'm gone and I wanted him to be able to put something in the cab without fearing for its loss.

My truck is a dump, no doubt about it..and I hear it ALL the time from friends who have to sit on a foot of newspapers, or dig through cassette tapes, matches and wrappers to get to the seatbelt buckle. Your words obviously go unheeded, I have no shame in this area. I will say that Chaela is my very best passenger and will actually express concern for my well-being when the truck is relatively clean.

So, as I was shovelling out the debris I started the usual process of gathering jars for cleaning. Let me explain:

When I go to ESSR in the morning, I take my jar of tea with me and enjoy it while enveloping my morning serenity. After the meeting I tend to unceremoniously dump the empty jar into the truck. Sometimes in the back, sometimes on the seat. Now, when I put it on the seat, in invariably stays there for....a while. Then, if a friend is going to ride along side of me, I will take that jar and put it behind the seat (along with newspapers, wrappers, cassette tapes, etc.).

Hence the contest.

So, my friends. How many jars do you think I dug out of my truck? Back of the seat, bed of the pick-up...a combined number.

Winner gets, well, nothing but the disturbing notion that they know me fairly well.
I'll give you guys a week and post the answer when I get back from San Francisco and the Coast next Monday the 21st. You can either respond by commenting here, or emailing me.

Hey, don't ever say I never did nothing for ya!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

not fair, how am I supposed to know how many were hiding behind the seat? my guess is 7 total. joan

Anonymous said...

Seventeen, Nik. I vote that you found 17 mason jars in that vehicle of yours.
lisa

Anonymous said...

Exactly 59.

Unknown said...

I'll go with 13, you lucky witch.