Saturday, January 26, 2008

bit by little bit

My buddy Sam came by this morning to help me with the painful final phase of my preparations and I am sooo grateful for her help. Sam and I have had weekend morning breakfast dates for awhile now, one of the things I will dearly miss!


We had our standard fare of chicken miso and then she retired to lounge mode while I sat on the floor and held up items for her inspection ("no", "yes", "absolutely not").
Sam has a lot of experience with multi-day backcountry excursions so her opinion was invaluable as I tried to determine what stuff I'm taking with me ("nik, you don't need to take scotch tape. Really. Or those scissors, put them in the 'no' pile right now.") We actually got a lot done - even to figuring out my clothing situation - so I'm feeling very well set . With so little time left in town I'm happy that I can spend my final week just futzing and get in a few last minute visits.
It's weird to think that by this time next week I won't be in this room anymore (Debbie moves in on Thursday). I'll either be crashing here or at gwen's - maybe a little of both.
Egads guys!

No comments: