Thursday, January 17, 2008

"think I'll go polish my shoes."



My friend Gina (who I affectionately refer to as "Big G"), makes me laugh harder than just about anybody on the planet. Here she is on the left with her partner Michelle (who I refer to as..Michelle) - an equally hysterical counterpart.
Big G and I met in Eureka under somewhat nefarious circumstances (which I won't go into here) - suffice to say, we are both in better places. However, I am grateful we have remained friends, 'cause she brings out the ultra silly in me, which is always a great quality in friendship.
We met up at a coffeeshop (where she broke a chair for no apparent reason) and then met up with Michelle and went to have Indian food (where she spilled water everywhere and made no attempt to clean it up).
We laughed a lot - they are starting a list of phrases that I may likely hear on the walk - I'm to report back the minute I hear them. Here's an example:
"I need to make a balm."
"Do you have an extra pair of socks?"
"I think we need to process this."
There were others, Big G - maybe you can send them along?

Anyway, it was awesome to see them both. I won't be able to visit with them when I come back in a couple of weeks because they are heading off on a cruise to the Carribbean with some chick named Brandi Carlisle - someone else called Shawn Colvin - I don't know - I think they make all this up, quite frankly.

Love you guys!

No comments: