Monday, January 21, 2008

well the votes are in and the winner is.......



JOAN!
Yay Joan -- she was thrilled too, by the way.
"I'm very pleased," she said, obviously overwhelmed by emotion.

Oh, she guessed the correct number of: 7
Not 59 (jeez, Big G - whaddya think I drive around in a fricken semi?)
The other two highest votes were 17 - both offered by friends named, Lisa.

You guys do realize that a CASE of jars is 12. I own a lot of jars, I'll admit..but I don't have a case of them at my disposal. Lisa #2 said that she figured it was that high of a number because, "yeah, I've been in your truck..I know how much shit you can store in that thing." I have to say, even though you were WRONG - I'm impressed that you think I would ferry such a load.

My father pointed out (with his guess of 11), that he figured the number of actual jars was less important than the number of corresponding lids. Good point. You're still wrong.

Gwen went for a range of numbers, from 5-7, but actually settled on 5..she was pretty darn close. But wrong.




Okay, no doubt you have noticed that in the "dirty jar" picture, there are only 5 jars there, in varying degrees of "experiment." After I took that picture I found another jar lurking in a cooler, but had already snapped the shot, taken them inside and washed them.

"Hey!" you say, all blustered, "that's still only 6!"

How true. Sadly, one jar didn't make it. I found it, scattered in undignified shards in the bed of the truck. Shattered, lidless..it was heartbreaking really. But you know what..that jar just didn't have the stuff. It was a Ball jar, and you know..I prefer those Atlas jars because they can take the kind of roughshod treatment I hand to 'em. Ah, Atlas. How I'll miss you on my journey.

Hey Joan - Congrats again. And thanks everyone for participating..it was fun to see all your responses - maybe next time we'll tally pounds of newspapers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Newspapers? Yeah. My guess is still exactly 59.