Tuesday, January 22, 2008

our little house of chaos



Hey guys - here's a picture I took of my room this afternoon. To be kinda fair, it doesn't look much different when I'm not moving, but even so (I know, I'm amazed I'm still single too).

We have a lot going on at Mansfield Manor these days. I'm moving out. The woman who is taking my room is moving in bit by bit a couple weeks ahead of schedule; and Henry, Sharon and Hank are leaving on Thursday for a month long work trip down to Los Angeles. It's busy here. Everyone is a little frantic - it's good we all get along so well. Hank is lucky, he's four so he gets to act out in appropriate childlike fashion to all of it. Tonight he stormed into the kitchen where I was eating and listening to the radio and turned it off. When I turned it back on, he cried, "I don't want any music and I don't want any lights! I want dark rooms! I want every...room..in..the..house..to have NO LIGHTS ON!"

Yes Hank, we all want a little peace and quiet, it's true. So it was bath time for Hank and a little computer time for me.

Those of us here in Portland were treated to a gorgeous sunny day. Yes, it was windy and bitterly cold -- but did y'all see the moon this morning and check out the brilliance of Mt. Hood all proud and beacony this afternoon? Both made me smile.

So I got a good load of stuff into storage as well as some other little dealings done (change of address and the like..ordered a Xena Fan club video, you know, the important things. BTW, what's amusing about this phase in my XWP addiction is that anything I order now..I won't be able to see until I get back..but by then I might be broke..so at least I'll have all that stuff to sell on Ebay).

Anyway, tomorrow is another moving slog - should be mostly cleaned out by the afternoon. I've had a raging headache all day, and am just realizing I haven't had any water at all......dummy.

Oh, and in "jar contest" news - my father wanted it to be known that he was going to guess the number seven at first, but then changed his mind at the last minute. I'm so sorry you missed out on that glory Dad; but I'll mention it here to let folks know that you can be an honorary winner. But only because, you know, you're my Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Just checking out leaving a comment.