Monday, April 21, 2008

One day in Taos






It was a rest day for us in Taos, so we took a slow morning and went and had breakfast at Michael's and then headed to a tree planted ceremony in the center of town. Did a little strolling and trying to find Kathleen's friend, Robert Mirabal's shop (which we did, but it was closed
Afterwards, the community of Taos Pueblo hosted a welcoming lunch for us. I can't post any pictures from that visit because I understand that if anyone took them off my website and then sold them, I could be fined major money. So...you'll have to wait until I get back. It's a pretty amazing place, the oldest continually habitated community in the country. The adobe house, some multi-storied, have been occupied for over 1000 years.

We then hopped in the truck and scouted out the walking route for the next day (I talk about that in the next blog) and headed out to the Rio Grande Gorge to have a picnic lunch. Unfortunately it was SUPER windy at the gorge and no place for a picnic...


so we headed back to the youth center where we were staying and barricaded ourselves in this little garage cubby to have a lovely meal.


We got caught though and had to come out. Whoops. I backed the truck up and nearly took Kathleen's right side mirror off in the process but no real damage was done. I'm glad she can laugh about these things.

No comments: