Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Leaving Santa Fe -- on our way to Taos

Have to admit to feeling weary today - yesterday was exhausting, but successful in it's way. Kathleen and I are leaving the warm, comforting home of Sarah and Annie this morning and after running TWO errands...I think...we will be heading out to join the walkers as they make their way to Taos Pueblo. We'll be there for two nights.

By the way .. Hi Chaela!!!! It was nice to see your comment when I opened up the blog - -I love it when people post comments - - love you much, I was thinking of you yesterday when we visited a home with a big furry cat living there.

Anyway, here's some photos for you guys..as well as one for the Perillat's (Hi Theresa and Lizzie and all the other clan)

Here is Delkon's friend attacking me with kisses...



Here are Johnny and Kathleen at Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon oh so many moons ago...



And here is a shot of walkers as we made our way into the Navajo Nation...which also feels like forever ago, but I think it was two weeks.



And I do have mailing addresses -- but they are out in the truck and I don't want to run out there at the moment. Tomorrow is a Rest Day in Taos, so I hope to find a coffee shop somewhere I can post all of that.

Got an email from Sonja that she was driving my truck around Humboldt - made me wistful that I wasn't in it and at the same time happy that it was being loved and in a beautiful place.

Anyhoo...feeling homesick this morning. Got a text message from Sam that she was eating sourdough bread and thinking of me. Mmmm...sourdough. From New Seasons I hope, they make a pretty decent sourdough. I was in a store called Marketplace or something like that yesterday and missing Gwen. Miss trying to track her down at New Seasons and follow her around the store. I drank a Kombucha in her honor.

Anyway, Kathleen's out of the shower which means we are starting to gear up to go. We have to go to Trader Joe's and the post office and I'm pretty sure that's it for today. In all honesty, I could stay here for a week. It was so nice to sleep inside, in a house. We ate pizza for breakfast. That was lovely as well.

Okay, I'm having a hard time signing off today. Miss you all, love you all and I'll talk again with you soon.

2 comments:

Spadoman said...

Thanks for the stories and updates. I miss you all a lot. Making up my mind with plans and cash flow as to when I'll return to join the walk again. A lot going on here right now, also, still have a little cough, weird, eh?

Love you all so much. Sweat Lodge tomorrow night. You will be mentioned in prayers. Say HI to everyone I would likely to say HI to if I was there. And hugs too!! Hey, and call once in a while!!

Peace to All.

Unknown said...

Hey Nik - I got your message today. I was sad I missed your call. And oh, yes...it was New Seasons' bread. Yummy! Totally bought it in your honor. I miss you a lot right now. Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Love,
Sam