Thursday, April 24, 2008

Amarillo - Home of the 72-ounce Steak Eating Challenge



Yeah, I know what you're thinking and no...I didn't try to eat 5 pounds of steak. I thought about it for a second, they give ya the meal for free if you can eat it in an hour. I asked Kathleen if she thought I could do it and she said, "well, you shouldn't even try."

Fine.

I'm gonna walk down to the Big Texan restaurant though just to see pictures of people that did try..it's just right down the street.

No, this picture was taken this morning..it's rest day here in Amarillo, and it was really pretty restful. We got to sleep in as late as wanted..I actually got up pretty early and then crashed out again. Everybody seemed wasted..I was camping outside and went into the museum and people were still crashed out well after 8:00am...super rare,

Didn't do too much today. Mostly we waited around for Carrie to show up...which she finally did around 1:30. Yay!!! Oh, soooo good to have her back - here's a little pic of the three of us...



She'll be walking with us tomorrow, which I'm so happy about - heading on to Pampas, Texas - don't know where that is -- don't know how many miles that is...don't know nothing.

Did some laundry and now I'm finishing up my writing for the evening and gonna chill some more.

Wanted to say to the Perillat family that I am so glad to hear that Danny's surgery went well, he was in our prayers all day and we will continue to send prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery.

Lots of love everyone!

1 comment:

liz perillat said...

you go girls!!! you are all so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! i am so happy to see you all...together[again] smiling...happy,,,and healthy!!!! thanks for all the wonderful words...messages ...and especially all the prayers lately for DANNY!!!! phew!!!! love to all! Liz [jasper's mom]