Saturday, April 26, 2008

I want my two hundred dollars!!


If ever there was a time for the movie Paper Moon - tonight was the night. I can't believe I left this movie off my top films list when we were talking about them out at Ghost Ranch a couple weeks ago.

I first saw this movie in the theatre when it came out back in 1973. I was only 7, so I missed much of the bawdier humor, but I've seen it countless times since...and I get most of it now..I think. I still don't quite get that money change con they do...I would've got stuck with that but good.

Anyway, it was the perfect comfort movie for my mood -- here are some of my favorite quotes from the film...and hey...Big G? Wish you were here to watch it with me.




her. name. aint. precious.

we just gotta keep on veering....

i tried to push her out of a window once in Little Rock

want I should chew it for you?

think I'll go upstairs and polish my shoes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Schwestaloo!
Sorry to hear about your bout of gurgle and fester -- and that tack in your bare tootsie. That's got to hurt. But now you probably have a big gnarly callous grown over the painful spot so you're good to go. You'll need to get a pedicure before you represent in front of the Indigo Girls!

Amy and I are enjoying reading your blog. This is our Sunday morning quality time. Even our little growlie dog Mila is sitting with us reading your blog.

Aunt Rebecca sent me a spreadsheet schedule of where you're going to be, so I'll try to catch you with a post card or two along your trip. I am not usually in one place for long these days either, though, so we shall see...

I'm off to Virginia tomorrow, so maybe that's where you'll get a postcard from.

Oh, and maybe this is apropos? We watched a rerun of Saturday Night Live last night. Guest Hosted. By Christopher...

Love, Bruder.

Anonymous said...

"First off, I didn't know was she a boy or a girl."
"I'm a GIRL."

"Peeeeeeaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrlllllll....."

"I got scruples, you know. You know what that is - scruples?"
"No, but if you got 'em you can bet they belong to somebody else."

"She must have a bladder the size of a PEAnut."

So many lines, so little time....

Recently rediscovered my diary from 1973 when I was all of 8 yrs old. Thursday, July 5, 1973: "Today we went to see 'Paper Moon' with Carla." Amen, sistah.

We're thinkin of you Big Nik and hope you're well and loving your adventure! Just keep on veerin, that's all...