Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ohhhhhhhh.....klahoma....



So. So. So Sorry. I had to. If for no other reason than to put a smile on my own restless, irritable and discontent mug.

My stomach was the first thing to feel restless and irritable...it started back in Amarillo. I don't think it had anything to do with Amarillo...in fact, after a couple of days I honestly couldn't tell you what it has to do with. We went from the stomach to fatigue to just feeling gross anytime I moved around at all.

So...I stopped moving.

Luckily we had a 100 mile drive from Pampa, Texas to the town of Hammon, Oklahoma this morning. Kathleen was pulling a trailer for the camp, so I hopped in and pretty much didn't move until I made it here to this Motel 6 in Elk City, OK.

I did get out of the truck once to nuke some tea water in the rec center where the walkers were staying and promptly stepped onto a tack in my bare feet. Which hurt.

Then I flopped onto the ground while Kathleen cleaned out the truck so she could let me have it for the night.

Then I arrived here and don't plan on leaving 'til check out time. Sure wish there was some XWP on the tube. But...alas...

I was talking to Carrie on the phone (who will be arriving here in Elk City tomorrow after spending a few days with P.J. back in Amarillo) and was trying to explain what was going on. I don't get sick very often...and it rarely lasts very long, so I usually have to come around to some sort of spiritual bereftness.

It's okay - it'll pass, it always does at some point. I'm glad to be aaway from the group tonight...20 miles or so down the road. I'll return tomorrow and hopefully be in better stead.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your Ohhhhhh------klahoma. I can't resist singing Gary,Indiana,Gary,Indiana when I pass by there on my way to Chicago.
Perhaps thinking of the 72 ounce steak challenge in Texas caused the upset.
Still enjoying your upbeat attitude even when you don't feel too well.Enjoy a good night's rest.
Jen's Mom