Monday, March 31, 2008

In the Middle of Beautiful Nowhere

Hello everyone -it's been awhile hasn't it? I am in Greasewood, Arizona - at the Greasewood Chapter House in the Navajo Nation -one of 110 Chapter houses in this largest Indian nation in the country. We have been so welcomed - it's been really quite amazing.
And you know, I wish I had pictures to show you, but I dropped my camera in the soft dust of the Grand Canyon (and no...not ALL the way down the Grand Canyon) and so it's crapped out. I tried using that canned air stuff and actually made it worse. So. I am going to have to exchange it at some point (I have insurance for it) - but I just found out we are NOT going through Alburquerque - so, I'm not sure when I'll hit the next big town where a Best Buy would be. I may just purchase another one - but I hate to do that. Anyway, I'm taking pictures with my phone, but don't have the cable yet to download photos. So...long story longer....you'll have to wait to see photos of where I'm at.
Imagine the desert - vast, vast plains of sand and red rock.
Imagine the darkest sky you can see before the moon rises and then slather it with millions of brilliant stars.
Pull up the sense of the deepest silence you can fathom and then place yourself in the middle of that.
That's where I'm at.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your positive accounts of the walk despite some adverse conditions.
Your descriptions of beautiful nowhere and the solitude you created among many was heartfelt.
Jen is hoping to rejoin soon and I look forward to continuing to follow hers and everyone progress.
Warm thoughts to everyone.
Jen's Mom