Tuesday, March 18, 2008


I'm here in this motel room; trying the best I can to help my friends Kathleen and Jen get better while they battle some vile flu bug that's going around. Carrie is upstairs with her husband, P.J. who has also been afflicted.
I'm actually feeling okay - a little run-down, but no worse. The walk moves about 10 miles further away from us today as we creep towards Flagstaff (which is only about 35 miles from here). We'll be spending a week there; visiting sacred sites, meeting with members of the community. I hear there's a benefit concert scheduled - we will be walking a little bit - what we call a "four-directions walk." That means we'll walk 5 miles towards the east and 5 miles back one day; 5 miles towards the west the next day, etc.
From there we head on out towards New Mexico. I gotta tell you, I'm eager to get away from the West and ready to get back into a daily walk routine - it's coming, I'm getting many lessons in patience these days.
Many.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nik - is that walker Jen Z that has the flu? This is her sister wondering and sending good thoughts to all.