Saturday, July 5, 2008

So..so..close



Just a quick post mainly to show you this cute picture of Ray, Patrick and Jen. This was taken a couple of mornings ago as we were about ready to leave for one of our last walking days. I think we have two left as I write this.

This morning started out with a bit of farce..we were all feeling pretty silly. Well, me and Patrick were. We decided to miss morning circle and hide on the bus. Look what this walk has reduced us to..hiding no less! We had Amy with us, keeping tabs on people so we could duck down when necessary. Amy's our bus driver, so she can hang out on the bus whenever she wants. We have to hide on it. Good clean fun it is.



Here's little Booger, who is growing about 3 pounds a day it seems like. He's becoming a little terror...but he's still so darn cute you can't help but just want to squeeze him up.



Here's me and Kid..who celebrated a birthday the night before. I thought everyone did a really nice job of celebrating this beautiful human being. I love Kid so much!





We are about 50 miles outside of D.C. It's Saturday right now, and we will be in Greenbelt Park in Maryland on Monday or Tuesday morning.

By this time next week I will have bid adieu to all my little Walker family. So strange. I can't wait to get home, but I will miss these guys something fierce. I've enjoyed just being with them over the last few days as we reminisce and bitch and moan and get through it all.

I've been taking just boatloads of pictures guys, but my access has been pretty limited. It may just be that I write a bunch of blogs when I get to Cape Cod around the 14th. We shall see.

Until then...I keep thinking about how excited Peggy (jen's mom) and Theresa (kathleen's mom) are getting at the opportunity to see their daughters here in a couple of days. I'm excited for the both of you. I know the girls are excited as well. Look forward to meeting you both!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loving reading all of your blog posts for so long now. I started walking with you all from the beginning and made it as long as I had originally expected.

I've been reading every issue of Street Roots here (where Niki's got a column in, each issue, about the walk!), and i feel like i'm still with you...

Especially damn good to see Ray still going! I was concerned, not knowing anything about the "rebel" (?) group, that maybe...well, anyway, Ray's still hanging in there! Wow! i love that dude!

sign me:
blackbird flies with another, pdx