Friday, July 18, 2008

but before we do all that...

Before I get into the sadder part of this blog...maybe I should say...sentimental part...I wanted to show you a few more random photos that didn't make it onto other blogs. So...let's do that shall we?

Here we have lovely Addie with lovely Booger. They're riding alongside the walk in the back of a pick-up truck, looking cute as can be.



This was taken on the same day, walking towards Delaplane. This is Ammon, carrying the Dine Nation flag.


You know, if one more thing was gonna fall off the White Pearl, let's have it be the glove box door, ok? This happened about a week or so before the walk ended...perfect really. What makes me laugh about this is that out of all the stuff she had crammed in that glove box, I love what she decided to keep resting in the remaining section. If you blow this photo up you can see she has chosen Advil, hair ties and...super glue. Nice selection.



Just say awwwwwwwww... and be done with it.



We had to abandon the bus to any further travels in Greenbelt Park, two days before the walk ended. Why? Because it got in one more minor little scraping of another car incident. As was finally revealed, the bus didn't have insurance on it. It also wasn't registered, so it was decided that maybe we shouldn't be driving it anymore. Funny since we'd been driving it since...Arizona...back in I think, March. But never you mind, we won't drive it anymore. Really.



When Kathleen was cleaning out the truck for one of the last times she came across this. Hysterical. We were driving one day, her, I and Carrie and we noticed that Carrie was using this wooden fork to tease out her dreds. "What are you doing?" we said.

"What?" she said, in pure Carrie innocence.

We labeled it so as not to mistaken it for anything other than what it would now be used for...for all time. And yeah, I wrote on it and am responsible for the misspelling, but I think I got it right on the other side. Love you Carrie!!!



Jen's mom, Peggy got some great video of this...you'll have to blow the picture up to really see it; but this is Ray in one of our final circles completing 65 pushups. Anytime Dennis would be running the circle, at some point he would find Ray and say,
"All the Way Ray! How you feeling today!"

"Feel good," Ray would say.

"How 'bout giving me 50!"

"No problem." And he would do 50 strong. On this day, Dennis asked him for 50 and Ray personally bested himself. Love it.



This was taken at the park near Capitol Hill. I asked Jun-san how happy she was that we were done with the walk. She was pretty darned happy about it. I know a lot of folks had problems with Jun-san, including myself at times...but I have to respect what she has done over the course of her life, even if I don't always like the way she executes it. I love this photo of her.



In D.C., here's Mucaw in all his magnificence. He wore his Grandfather's feathers into Washington, and I just thought he looked proud and beautiful here.



Alright then White Pearl...travel safely onward. See ya down the road.

No comments: