Monday, June 16, 2008

So Long, Carrie-foot


I so wasn't surprised when I found out that Carrie was leaving us. When P.J. left and she didn't immediately follow him...I figured it was really just a matter of time.
It's hard for me to even write about what Carrie has meant for me on this walk. She has been a dear friend and a pretty constant companion over these last four months. She's been gone about a week now and there is too much to list about what I miss about her. Mainly it's seeing her in the morning, having coffee with her, sitting there talking about what dreams we had the night before.
I miss her smile and her full cache of expressions for any situation. I miss her wisdom. We would say about Carrie that she is an ancient soul here on this Earth, in the body of a 26 year old...I still can't believe she's that young, as she's been a mentor to me in so many ways and most times I think of her as my big sister.
But....we don't say goodbye, we say farewell. Love you so much, and I know we will see each other again down the road...can't really say more than that and don't know that I even want to.

No comments: