Monday, September 15, 2008

while I´m waiting for pictures to come up...

Hey guys, I actually wrote this post about a week ago, but it never posted. I´m in Burgos on a rest day. I am hoping to get more stuff up here at some point today. This is a fairly lame post, and some how two pictures got lost between computers. Blast it. Anyway, I´ll talk to you all soonly...


I am on an amazingly slow computer, and I only have 30 minutes before this place
goes siesta, so you´ll be lucky to get two photos on this run. Hey, there´s one...

remember I was telling you about these bricks that built this 900 year old bridge? I think I told you...coulda just been in my head. Anyway, here´s a close-up of one of them. Neato, eh?



Here´s me with Hugh and Peter and Kinga so you could see what Hugh looks like...




I have a couple hundred photos by now...and as I´m trying to rush through this, it occurs to me that I really don´t know what you would like to see. I have a lot of pictures of roads, of church edifices and some fairly odd self-portraits of me. I will show you these sparingly.

I´m having a good day today. Only had to bunk with one person last night in a room, and even though she snored, I was able to get at least 6 hours of sleep. I´m about 90minutes away from my goal today...keeping it fairly simple and am only gonna do 14 miles today. I could push on a little more, but there´s no need.

I was thinking this morning that you may be wondering just what the hell do I think about all day out there on the road? I´m usually walking, or at least on the way for 8-10 hours a day. And I´ve made a few acquaintances, but I haven´t really kept up with them, or I´´ve left them behind. This trip so doesn´t seem about making friends for me.

I suppose I think a lot about what´s coming next. I have no idea. I think about things I want to write about, articles and such. I think about future travel. You know, this kind of stuff. Nothing earth shattering. Nothing really profound. Basic human stuff.

Okay...out of time.

No comments: