Monday, December 22, 2008

Still snowing, still sitting.




I can't believe this weather, I've never experienced this in Portland. It's kind of cool, my friend Joan skied up to see me the other day - there are people in snowshoes and studded bike tires and snowmobiles cruising around on the otherwise vacant streets.




It would've been cooler if this happened in a week that I wasn't supposed to take a long drive down I-5 to visit friends and family over the Christmas holiday. I had just missed my window - had my appointment with Sam been cancelled a day earlier I would've gotten out. But, I've said this before, there are reasons for everything. Maybe I was just supposed to hang out here with Skid while Gwen and Ron are out...



so hang out I shall. I'm sorry I'm missing the Xmas crab feed at Grandma's house though.



Here's some photos.



Here's Joan - cruising up on her new cross country skiis.




This is one of the busiest thouroughfares in Portland, Foster Avenue. Not today!





The snow had built up outside gwen's back door. The imprint there is Skid's cat door. Needless to say....



Talk to you soonly!

No comments: